INSTALLATION OF YOUR MEDIA NICHE
OUR PEOPLE AND OUR BUSINESS ARE A FULLY LICENSED AND INSURED IN CALIFORNIA. BUT FOR YOUR SAFETY AND PER OUR TERMS OF OUR INSURANCE, HOMEOWNERS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE INSTALLATION AREA WHILE WE ARE INSTALLING. WHILE WE RESPECT YOUR RESIDENCE AND YOU AS A HOMEOWNER, WE WANT TO PROTECT YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY AND PREVENT ACCIDENTS AND INJURIES NOT ONLY TO YOU BUT OUR STAFF. WE DO NOT WANT UNSECURED CABINETRY BE NEAR CUSTOMERS WHERE THEY COULD BE UNINTENTIONALLY KNOCKED OVER OR MECHANICAL MISHAPS OR ACCIDENTAL TOOL FAILURES TO INJURE ANYONE. WHEN WORKING IN A INSTALLATION AREA – AREAS ARE MARKED OFF OR RESTRICTED FOR YOUR SAFETY. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ENTERING THE WORK AREA. IF THIS AREA IS ENTERED OR THERE IS A RISK OF INJURY TO OUR INSTALLERS, YOU OR YOUR FAMILY, THEY ARE INSTRUCTED TO STOP WORK IMMEDIATELY – THIS WILL CAUSE DELAYS TO YOUR INSTALLATION OR POSTPONE IT. WE UNDERSTAND CURIOSITY AND INTEREST IN WHAT WE DO AS FURNITURE AND CABINETMAKERS, BUT SAFETY IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE AND GETTING THE JOB FINISHED AS CLEANLY, SMOOTHLY AND EFFICIENTLY AS POSSIBLE. WE WANT TO MAINTAIN A SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENT EVERYWHERE WE WORK. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION.
1. Walls must be straight and sheet rock in place before we can perform work in your kitchen.
2. When installing the cabinetry, the room/area must be cleared and accessible prior to the installer arriving.
3. Remove wall hangings and furnishings in the surrounding area where the work will take place.
4. Please be aware that there will be noise and power tools used and brought into the house when installing the cabinetry.
5. We will make every effort to contain dust to the work area, but it will inevitably spread to other areas of your home. We apologize for the inconvenience but trust it will be worth it once the project is finished.
6. For safety reasons, please keep children and pets out of the work area.
7. If a pre-existing or hidden condition is encountered during the installation, which will hinder your job, our installers will inform you of the situation and determine whether this issue needs to be fixed before the installation continues. If additional charges apply, you will be informed of the costs and additional time needed. Upon your approval of the additional costs or after this situation is corrected, we will continue work.
8. Please recognize that walls, floors, ceilings and niches/openings/alcoves are not perfectly square, plum or even. This can cause issues with gapping and evenness where moulding meets the ceiling depending on what type of cabinetry you choose.
9. We do not disconnect, reconnect, move, or hook up any appliances, computers or electronics. We do not move or do any type of plumbing or electricial work – we are not licensed and will not perform such work. All electronics, televisions or computers must be removed from the work space BEFORE WE ARRIVE. We will not perform any non-cabinet related work. The work area must be cleared and empty BEFORE WE ARRIVE OR THIS WILL RESULT IN THE DELAY OF THE INSTALLATION AND EXTRA CHARGES OR RESCHEDULING OF THE INSTALLATION. We assume no liability or any responsibility for non-cabinet related work that is requested by the customer.
10. Installations take on average between 1 to 1-1/2 days for 1 Entertainment Center/per area– these all depend on complexity and accessories. Please plan on at least a full day of installation. Installations start usually in the morning between 7 a.m. and 11 a.m. Deliveries may be at the same time or on a different day depending on scheduling. Deliveries are done usually in a 3 hour window. We will call you to schedule a time prior to installation.
11. All handle and knob positions will be installed as per our final drawings. Any special hardware and knobs should be ordered no later than two weeks after the order is placed for the cabinetry. Any changes to the cabinetry positioning during installation will be subject to a minimum $50 charge per cabinet affected or quoted per situation.
Please recognize that walls, floors, ceilings and niches/openings/alcoves are not perfectly square, plum or even. This can cause issues with gapping and evenness where moulding meets the ceiling depending on what type of cabinetry you choose. Walls out-of-square/not plum may necessitate/require scribe, fillers or other types of moldings and/or chaulking be used to conceal gaps created between the cabinetry and the wall. _______ Inititals
If you require a tight fit on tops or finish carpentry work this will be billed at $60 per hour with a minimum of 1 hour and billed in ½ hour increments. Additional travel time will be billed at $40/hour for all driving time. For instance, if a round trip to your home is 1-1/2 hours, ,you will be billed for $60.00 plus actual on site work at $60 per hour
CLEARED WORK AREA AND NON-CABINET RELATED WORK
We do not disconnect, reconnect, move, or hook up any appliances, computers or electronics. We do not move or do any type of plumbing or electricial work – we are not licensed and will not perform such work. All electronics, televisions or computers must be removed from the work space BEFORE WE ARRIVE. We will not perform any non-cabinet related work. The work area must be cleared and empty BEFORE WE ARRIVE OR THIS WILL RESULT IN THE DELAY OF THE INSTALLATION AND EXTRA CHARGES OR RESCHEDULING OF THE INSTALLATION. We assume no liability or any responsibility for non-cabinet related work that is requested by the customer.
FINAL WALK-THROUGH AND TOUCH-UP
Upon completion of the project, the installer will do a final review and conduct a walk through with you to ensure your satisfaction. If you have issues that need to be addressed prior to the completion of the installation, please contact the project manager instead of speaking directly to the installer. Installers will complete the job as instructed by the factory and per the final approved drawings and are not allowed to make changes to a job without factory authorization. Our installers are not insured, licensed or permitted to handle jobs outside of installing your cabinetry during company installation time – please do not put them in an awkward position by asking them to do outside work or yourself at risk. If something happens outside the scope of our work, MediaNiches.com/CFM takes no responsibility and is not liable in any way.
Even when the greatest care is taken, it is normal for scratches, nicks and dents to occur during the installation process. These common mishaps can be easily corrected using available stain and touch-up materials. Touch-up will ensure that your cabinets look its best for years to come. With all paid cabinet installations, we provide a standard touch-up after installation.
Keep in mind, sometimes the mishaps occur during installation, sometimes afterwards. There are times even when the kitchen or cabinetry is delivered and installed smoothly, but something happens beyond our control. Here are some instances: when the granite countertops are installed, they scratch a few drawers, or perhaps a contractor installs the cabinets and does not fill the nail holes in the crown moulding or scratches a cabinet door, or during the installation of the appliances there’s some damage, these situations are where a professional touch-up session may be invaluable.
We do provide a professional touch-up service for our cabinetry (estimates vary depending on the level and amount of touch-up required). Otherwise, we can provide you with a small amount of stain for your touch-up.
REMOVAL OF CABINETS (PRIOR TO INSTALLATION) AND WALL TOUCH UP
This bid does not include the following:
- 1. Removal of existing cabinets. If you would like us to remove and dispose of your existing cabinets, please request a bid (prices start at around $400 and up). An alternative would be to arrange for the cabinets to be donated to a charity such as Habitat for Humanity.
- 2. Patching of the walls, touch-up or any type of painting of walls after installation and/or removal of cabinets.